Epoxy flooring is a kind of flooring option that has slowly gained acceptance. Glue and a hardening chemical are mixed after a concrete floor has been levelled and prepared. For a few days, the chemical process will transform the liquid into a hard plastic floor. As a result, the compound is put onto the concrete and allowed to dry before applying a second or third layer.
Epoxy flooring is strong, stain-resistant, and more thanks to this liquid-to-solid process. Hospitals, schools, garages, and industrial areas are among its most common applications. However, it can be equally effective in household living rooms, kitchens, and other types of rooms.
Epoxy Flooring Material
- Trowels of many types
- 18 inch Roller Cages
- 9 inch Roller Cages
- 9″, 18″, or 24″ Squeegees
- Cord Extenders
- Rake for Gauge
- Infrared Thermometer with Surface Reading
- Roller Spiked
- Spiked Footwear
- Wood Paint Sticks
- Duct TapeBlue Tape
- Caution Tape
- Rubber Gloves
- Garbage Bags
- Xylene, IPA, or Denatured Alcohol
- Thickening Agent (Cab-O-Sil, Thick-Sil, etc.)
- Putty Knives
- Dust Masks
- Ear Protection
- Safety Glasses
- Knee Pads
- Handles for Squeegees and Rollers
How to prepare the compound for epoxy flooring
To adhere correctly, an epoxy coating requires a clean, slightly rough structure. The epoxy may not stick to polished or sealed concrete. The concrete must also be completely cured. It is necessary to patch and fix all large cracks and chips in the concrete surface and remove all grease before applying epoxy floor coating.
Test the surface for prior coats of epoxy or other compounds that may have been applied over the years if the concrete is old. throw a small amount of water onto the floor to check for glue. It must take time to dump in. If water beads on the surface instead of soaking in, the surface has most likely been sealed and unsuitable for an epoxy coating.
Make sure the temperature is appropriate before applying an epoxy coating, and follow all manufacturer’s instructions. Temperatures that are hot or too cold can cause the epoxy to bubble and tear. Epoxy is liquid contains two parts that must be mixed with each other before use. Once the epoxy coating is mixed, you only have a short time to apply it before it dries.
- Wear appropriate eye protection when applying paint.
- If the compound comes into contact with your eyes, immediately rinse them with lots of water for at least 10 minutes.
- Avoid inhaling spray mist or dust.
- When painting, make sure you have enough airflow.
- It may cause great harm if eaten.
- When the container is empty, do not use it to store foodstuffs.
- Paint mist or spray should not be inhaled by pregnant women.
- In an emergency situation, get medical help as soon as possible.
- Scraping previously painted surfaces may cause lead dust or vapours to be released. Because lead is extremely poisonous, use precautionary measures while scraping off old surfaces.
Advantages of Epoxy flooring for homes
When compared to other typical concrete coatings, epoxy flooring coatings have a number of advantages:
- Creates a sparkling, high-gloss finish that can significantly boost the brightness of interior spaces.
- Provides a long-lasting, durable surface that can endure heavy, continuous traffic.
- Installation is quick and simple, requiring no layout, additional adhesive cutting, or specific tools or equipment.
- Water and oil stains is not harmful for it
- Produces a flawless surface that will last for many years.
- It can be used in conjunction with paints and colours to hide chips and cracks.
- Provides a chemically resistant surface that is suited for use in manufacturing facilities.
- When the surface contains anti-slip additives, it provides increased safety.
- Depending on the product, it may be compatible with self-levelling materials that can be applied over fresh or old concrete.
- Maintenance is minimal.
Epoxy flooring rate in Pakistan
The rate of epoxy flooring in Pakistan is not static. It changes from company to company and brand to brand. You can select the package agreeable to your interest and budget plan. However, the application or the product prices is also according to deal with the supplier. They may deal in square feet, inches, or square meters. In short, the supplier will set a plan in front of you then you may select your own choice. The rate in Pakistan ranges from Rs95 to Rs 550 per square foot.
To furnish your lodge shows your aesthetic sense. How you beautify, your home reflects your efforts for being social. Surely, the house you live in may become a victim to be restored. So, avail this opportunity and exercise applying the epoxy flooring in your home. Not only will it make your dwelling attractive but also you can get rid of time and again work in your home. Eventually, you would need our help in furnishing your apartments, home, and office etc. Today, step toward sigma properties and present your proposal for epoxy flooring. We will not step back from pouring colours into your life.